Sunday, July 26, 2015

I can't believe all this happened...A note from THE WESTERNER

Regular readers will have noticed fewer posts to this blog.  The reasons are listed below, all occurring in the last three weeks:

First my well went on the blink, but not without first pumping dirt and sand into every pipe in the house.  The well is fixed, but the plumber has been out here twice.  Pipes were flushed, but we didn't have hot water for five days and the washing machine still sounds funny.

Then the tilt mechanism on my power chair went out.  May not sound like much but it plays hell with me getting around the house and is a big hindrance and safety factor when entering or exiting the van. I'm looking at six weeks + for the parts and repairs.

Sharon caught strep throat, the same stuff that put her in the hospital several months ago.

Next the motor burned up on my refrigerated air unit.  And they're right:  heat is not good for ms patients.

I had a tooth extraction and it was one of the big ones.

Friday afternoon the power was out for three hours.

And last night the power was out from around 11pm till 5:30 this morning.  This drove home how a person who lives in front of a computer, sits in a power chair and has a power bed, is damn vulnerable to power outages.

Luckily I got to see Dillashaw kick Barao's ass before everything went dark.

I'm way behind on responding to emails, but will try to catch up.  If its really important you better resend.

Frank



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your bad luck Frank. Soon all things will be better....we hope!